http://sassstudio.blogspot.com/

Saturday 5 September 2015

I Know You've Seen These Before

 
 
 I love this stamp by Sheena Douglass, I thought I'd something a bit different with it today though. All the card used was Sheena's stamping card so white to start with. The main card was misted and clouded with Tim Holtz's Distress ink and spritz with water and dabbed. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with clear powder and then coloured with the distress ink pad. The back ground for the wolf was great fun to do. I painted the backing card with Pebeo DYNA in blue/black and let dry. In the drying time I then had a piece of acetate which I spritzed with Cosmic Shimmers, I let it dry until it was tacky and had an old paint brush and swirled the colours around a bit before letting them dry completely. While that was drying I stamped and cut out the wolf image in Tuxedo Black on white card. I cut the two backgrounds to the same size and secured them together with brads. I put a piece of grey sparkly paper through an embossing folder and trimmed it. I've then just layered it up. The back ground is so shimmery and appears to swirl around as the light catches it from different angles.
 
 
 
So having done that and having been pleased with the effect I had this card to make up. I made the topper the other day, which I showed earlier on this blog. I had a piece of white card stock to make the base and just edged it with a mauvey pink chalk dew drop ink pad. I had another piece of Sheena's stamping card and splashed some water around on the card with a large paintbrush. I then spritzed it with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in a gorgeous purple, and because I was too impatient I dried it with my hot air gun. Photo's don't really do these backgrounds justice, they are sooooooooooooo sparkly and gorgeous.


No comments: