http://sassstudio.blogspot.com/

Thursday 20 September 2012

An Experiment

Like most of you, I am always trying to keep the cost of my crafting down. I use loads of ModgePodge and I got to thinking if I could find a cheaper alternative. I went to my new Bestest Best Friend Pinterest and found heaps of recipes for homemade ModgePodge. Some of them were quite complex mixing flour, sugar and water together and then heating until flour and sugar had disolved BUT without boiling/simmering! Far too much of a phaff! So I went with the easiest and made my first batch of Homemade ModgePodge. I am going to play with it later to see if it does the job as well, if it discolours or cracks when used with a heat source (like a decorative tealight holder) etc. I will report back in due course.

No comments: