http://sassstudio.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Sn@t & Tears



I'm not supposed to be here!! Not fair! Not fair!

I was off to sunny West Sussex on Sunday morning, made it to Wincanton on the 303 and disaster! My car started with a serious wheel wobble, lost power and drank fuel! I nursed poor Rennie home and then promptly burst into tears! So what do us girls do when we are miserable? We MAKE a handbag!

So with lots of moooooocuusssssss and tears I went into my workroom and dived into my stash. I found this lovely Kath Kidston handbag kit which was waiting for an excuse to be made. Of course I couldnt NOT embellish it, so I cut some daisies with my Bigshot in pink felt. I hope you like it.

On Saturday I went to the new Hobbycraft Store in Newton Abbot, I was rather well behaved and didn't buy much. I had to buy a new needle felting tool coz silly mooo that I am I managed to cross thread mine and even Iron Man wouldn't be  able to undo it. I bought some silk to dye with alcohol inks and embelish with felt, I bought some alcohol inks in shades of blue's and greens.

Yesterday I went to the Heathcoats Factory Shop where my very naughty wicked stepdaughter works. I bought some Butterick patterns in the sale for £1.80 each WOW!, I alo bought some elastic, and assorted lengths of fabric to make into who knows what. I have been looking for a pattern to make some slobby yoga style pants from (I live and die around the house in these) and one of the Butterick patterns is for pyjama's and the troussers are just perfect yoga pants WHOOP WHOOP!

Hope my ramblings are vaguely interesting. Just one last note I am no longer on Facebook


Just to reply briefly to the comments made on this item: I will be making up some of these bags and putting on to my Folksy Site. The bag kit came from a book of Cath Kidston sewing projects, which also has the pattern sheet for all the projects. I was given the book as a gift and the bag kit came complete with fabric, Cath Kidston Label, in fact everything but sewing thread.

2 comments:

Mags said...

I like! Now did you make a pattern from the pieces before you started so you can make another one?

Mags xx

Christine said...

I Love your bag Sass, are you taking orders. lol
Sorry to read about your car, hope it's not too expensive to sort out.
Hugs
Christine xx