http://sassstudio.blogspot.com/

Monday 27 July 2015

Pumpkin Play

 
My son and his children have a big bash for Halloween and they all dress up, and decorate the house. This Pumpkin will be part of a display for on the mantelpiece. I was really pleased with this as it was really an exercise in layering colour and creating textures for me. It turned out so much nicer than I expected and it will catch the light from battery tealights beautifully. As I've said so many times I really am rubbish at taking photo's and I can honestly say that this looks so much better in the flesh.
 
I hope you like it
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Take one papier mache pumpkin from Amazon
Paint it with Pebeo White Gesso
Paint with Pebeo Studio Acrylic in Fluorescent Orange and allow to dry
Sponge over Pebeo Studio Dyna Orange iridescent.
Sponge all over with Pebeo Fantasy Moon in gold
and allow to dry

Paint the stalk of the pumpkin with Pebeo Vitrail in sandalwood.
When the whole thing is dried thoroughly, paint with Pebeo Vitrail in Sun Yellow. 

1 comment:

Just me said...

I will have to have a look at this 'in the flesh' next time I'm over your way! Love it! xx